Entry tags:
(no subject)
Porthos knows that the house should have been done sooner. The actual construction hadn't taken the bulk of the time, but outfitting the interior with furniture and then kitchenwares had been an ordeal and then the outside had needed landscaping, which couldn't be done in the winter. It's why it's years later that he's standing on the edge of the property with Aramis and Lucie (but not Athos), staring at a house that he honestly thought would never happen.
He's crying, but only a little, and only because of how overwhelmed he is at the incredulity that this is actually happening. Setting Lucie down to her feet, he lets her start to wander off (and more than a bit grateful they didn't bring the Captain), wrapping his now-free arms around Aramis from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder.
"So, are you ready to move to the country and become boring old fathers?" he teases, as if that could ever truly happen. With Aramis' job in the city and Porthos' volunteer work, they'll never really leave, but it won't be the same as their flat. So many incredible things had happened there, but he's ready for a new start, too.
He's crying, but only a little, and only because of how overwhelmed he is at the incredulity that this is actually happening. Setting Lucie down to her feet, he lets her start to wander off (and more than a bit grateful they didn't bring the Captain), wrapping his now-free arms around Aramis from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder.
"So, are you ready to move to the country and become boring old fathers?" he teases, as if that could ever truly happen. With Aramis' job in the city and Porthos' volunteer work, they'll never really leave, but it won't be the same as their flat. So many incredible things had happened there, but he's ready for a new start, too.

no subject
Aramis turns his head to brush his beard against Porthos' cheek. "You could never be boring, cariño. Our adventures are only beginning." He feels Lucie winding her way through their knees and smiles. "Shall we show her her new room?"
no subject
Porthos glances down to Lucie and grins. "See, now I have to decide which of you to heft up," he says. "But I will be carrying you over the threshold," he guarantees, in a low growl, with a voice not suited for small ears.
no subject
"Well, are you going to pick us up or not?"
no subject
He needs to start making more time for the gym again, get back in shape. "Don't you drop her, now, not when I'm doing all the work," Porthos insists, walking them up the path to their front door.
no subject
"I ought to travel like this more often."
no subject
As if Porthos actually cares. He only hefts them a little more, turning so he can walk them in sideways.
no subject
Lucie doesn't seem to understand what they're talking about, but she laughs and agrees anyway. "Yes, papa!"
no subject
"And here I thought it was you I had to throw around," he quips, giving Aramis a grin as he leans his back against the front door once he closes it. Breathing in, he sighs happily. "You hear that? Peace." No noisy neighbours, no cars around, nothing but them.
no subject
"Did I say quiet?"
no subject
Only when he's breathless does he ease back. "I'll throw you around later," he guarantees. "We soundproofed our room, yeah?"
no subject
He gives Porthos' arse a slap. "And make certain the baby monitor is only broadcasting one way. I'd hate to have to explain to Lucie again that sometimes grownups scream just for fun."
no subject
He doubts that there'll ever be a day they aren't up for this, but right now, they do have a toddler wandering around. "We shouldn't be christening the bedroom yet. Maybe call the babysitter?"
no subject
"I'll call one for tonight," he says. "I'd like to bless our home appropriately." Aramis raises his brows. "Not to put you to work straight away, but is there to be a celebratory dinner?"
no subject
Given that their daughter, as much as he loves her, hasn't exactly inherited her Daddy's love of fine cooking. Not yet, at least.
no subject
no subject
This is where he might cry again, honestly, because look at it. It's everything he could have wanted. "I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time in here," he guarantees. "I'm gonna fatten you up," he warns playfully, tugging out a stool for Aramis to sit at.
no subject
He sits at the stool and thinks of his other purchases. "Speaking of, I also ordered some new oils. If you're very good I will rub your back later."
no subject
"Besides, I know how it turns you on," he accuses fondly, starting to open the counters when Aramis mentions the oils. Sulking a little, he gives him a pouting look. "Why can't we rub my back now?"
no subject
He's almost lost in thinking about it when Lucie comes racing back into the room. Aramis scoops her up before she can reach the stove and plants her in her high chair. "Now where did I put those little puffed star treats?"
no subject
"You can feed her, I need to look over what you've brought me and pick a suitable meal for my princess and king," he jokes.
no subject
He pours a small handful of puffs onto Lucie's tray, stealing one when he thinks no one is looking to crunch on quietly. "Oh, and there's wine. Good wine."
no subject
"You need the greens just as much as she does, but I'm more concerned about her growing," Porthos notes, waving the knife at him as he digs it out of the block.
no subject
"Don't worry. Not even a two year old could resist your cooking, cariño." He looks up and eyes the vegetables warily. "Do let me know if you need help."
no subject
And maybe later, he'll figure out a plan to wean Lucie off the puffy little star things. Or maybe just the screaming part.
no subject
"And I do want to help," he insists, "But it only ever seems to result in wasted vegetables. If you find one I can cut with a sword, please do say so."
no subject
"The sword just seems wasteful," he admits, even though he wouldn't mind seeing that.
no subject
"It's not my fault so many of my marvelous skills have failed to translate to the modern age."
no subject
"Should I go on?" he deadpans, as he keeps preparing dinner. "Or do you want to eat at some point tonight?"